Executive Assistant to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of AmericanSTEM
Job Description: Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to board members and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports;
composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, investors, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations established by the company
- Board matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all-staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the President's outreach activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of on going relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters for Chief Executive Officer
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- University Bachelor's degree required
- Language: must be fluent in reading, writing, speaking, and listening in English & Vietnamese
- Must be able to work well with people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Social Media web platforms.