STEM Summer Camp 2018 - Minnesota, US
🌎 This July, join the most unique STEM Summer Cam at Shattuck-St. Mary’s School with us if you want to:
- ➤ Learn and communicate with each other fully in English.
- ➤ Experience U.S boarding life style.
- ➤ Develop science & technology knowledge and problem-solving skill through STEM projects: Engineering, BioScience & weCreateprojects.
- ➤ Improve English language and American cultural immersion.
🌎 Shattuck-St. Mary’s School - Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM), Faribault, Minnesota (MN), United States is:
- ➤ The 160-year-old school (founded in 1858)
- ➤ Top 8 STEM schools in Minnesota, U.S.
School's website: www.s-sm.org
Duration: July 8, 2018 – July 28, 2018 (3 weeks).
Age: 10 – 18 years old.
Accommodation: Stay on SSM campus.
Dorm rooms typically sleep 2-4 students per room and offer Wi-Fi service.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served daily in one of two Dining Halls on the Shattuck-St. Mary’s School campus.
Summer Camp Location: Faribault City, Minnesota, U.S.
1. CREATIVE SCIENCE PROJECTS: Engineering, BioScience & weCreate
➤ Learning Creative science subjects at Shattuck-St. Mary's nationally recognized Centers of Excellence.
➤ Getting acquainted with the international learning environment in the U.S. and preparing necessary skills for studying abroad.
- Time: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (each week).
- ⭐ Engineering: Introduces students to specific engineering disciplines by applying traditional math and science principles in the completion of hands-on activities such as designing bridges and building robots.
- ⭐ BioScience: Explore a specific organ system (e.g., the lungs) and students will help design a medical device specifically for that system.
- ⭐ weCreate: Challenges students to find innovative and creative solutions to problems of their choosing. Students will be using the nine studios in SSM’s weCreate Center (e.g., Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Architectural Design).
2. VARIETY OF LEISURE ACTIVITIES
➤ The curriculum is comprehensively designed, intergrating both academic activities and various arts, sports activities: archery, ice-skating, golf, hockey, pottery, photograph…
➤ Enhancing students' living skills in international setting.
3. HISTORIC & MODERNLY EQUIPPED BOARDING ENVIRONMENT
➤ Astonishingly beautiful school with modern facilities for science researching, experiments & leisure activities.
4. EXPLORING U.S. CULTURE THROUGH EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
➤ Various excursions: University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, Valley Fair (amusement park), Twins Game (Major League Baseball) , Como Zoo, Faribault Aquatic Center, Science Museum of Minnesota, River Bend Nature Center...
➤ Learning history, geography, nature...
🌎 Time: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday (each week)
🌎 Opportunities to visit:
- ⭐ University of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN
- ⭐ St. Olaf College – Northfield, MN
- ⭐ Carleton College – Northfield, MN
- ⭐ Valley Fair (amusement park)
- ⭐ Twins Game (Major League Baseball)
- ⭐ Mall of America
- ⭐ Tour of St. Paul, Minnesota: Capitol, Cathedral, Como Zoo
- ⭐ Faribault Aquatic Center (swimming pool)
- ⭐ Science Museum of Minnesota
- ⭐ River Bend Nature Center
SAMPLE TIMELINE FOR A DAY
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Breakfast in Morgan Dining Hall
ESL (English as a Second Language) and College application prep, interview skills
weCreate Design Thinking Project
Lunch in Morgan Dining Hall
BioScience or Engineering (choice)
Afternoon activity (examples: archery at nearby River Bend Nature Center, photography, ice-skating, golf lesson at The Legacy, pottery)
Dinner in Morgan
Evening Activity (County Fair, bonfire, movie, bowling)
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday: Excursion days
🌎 Fee: Please contact us for more information.
➤ Including: Tuition fee, Accommodation & meals in the US,Excursion fee, Support for Visa Application process.
➤ Excluding: Airfare ticket, Visa application fee & Traveling international insurance.
Deadline for registration: April 30th 2018.